The use of an electric type portable room furnace dominates the type of furnace used by many people. Apart from gas furnace prices that are cheap, gas-powered furnaces emit heat quickly. Then what about the electric furnace? Is it safe? Judging from the nature that emits heat and adapted to general room conditions, then here are some tips that must be considered for using the furnace:
1. Place the furnace in a safe place, and not too close to your bed. Do not until when you fall asleep, blankets, or pillows that are used fall and cover the furnace.
2. Make sure there are no flammable or explosive items around the furnace, a minimum distance of 1.5 meters. For example perfume spray, insect eradication spray and the like. The gas contained in the can when exposed to certain heat can explode.
3. Although cold, air ventilation is still important. This type of incandescent heating absorbs oxygen and emits carbon monoxide (CO), although in very small amounts if your room is tightly closed, you may be short of oxygen or poison. So do not close the window of your room without fresh air coming in, you should keep the vacuum cleaner running.
4. Be sure to use the right plug and plug. Because of its large electricity consumption, connect the furnace plugs directly to the wall sockets, do not use extra cables (especially), especially those using small cables can cause the socket to blister or even cause a fire.
5. Don’t forget to turn off the appliance when you leave the room. As you can expect anything that involves fire can be dangerous, especially if gas or electricity is involved. Therefore, you can never be too careful when it comes down to a furnace to heat your room, due to the risk of having a fire will always haunt those who aren’t being careful enough with their furnaces.